Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Are toadstools poisonous?
Some toadstools are very poisonous. You would only have to touch them and lick your fingers for them to make you ill. People have died from eating just a few of them. In 1534, Pope Clement was killed by the death cap toadstools, the world most poisonous fungus. The are many delicious wild fungi, but you need to be an expert to distinguish them from the poisonous ones.

The death cap grows in woodland in Europe and North America. Some edible fungi look quite like it.

Tag :poisonous toadstools

No comments: